By far the largest and most developed of the Seychelles islands, Mahé is home to the country's capital, Victoria, and to about 90% of the Seychelles' population. As such it's both as busy as the Seychelles gets, and home to the largest selection of resorts and activities, from the hiking possibilities across the rugged interior of Morne Seychellois National Park to diving pristine sites and snorkelling with whale...
My name is Sebastiaan and I have been working in the travel industry for many years.
I have dreamed of traveling all my life. The more I learned of wonders of the world, the more I wanted to see them. In my childhood, my first dream was to visit Disneyland. Actually, that dream never left me; however, I have fulfilled that dream few times now.
In my younger years, I have traveled mostly around my own country. My first big trip was when I was a young adult and traveled half way around the world with the beautiful traditional cruiseship "Astoria". It was such a memorable trip of 4 months. Eventually, I ventured out to see in all those years 59% of the world
Feel free to contact me with any additional ideas, or if you like to hire me. I would look forward to hearing from you with your great ideas.
Sebastiaan de Jong
- Name : Sebastiaan de Jong
- Age : 39 years
- Phone : +31 594 699 993
- Phone : +31 6 123 807 22
- Email : email@example.com
- Address : Ezinge, The Netherlands
Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking. Don't settle. As with all matters of the heart, you'll know when you find it.
- Steve Jobs
January 2011 - May 2014
Adiuvare International Insurances
- Making high-level decisions about policy and strategy.
- Providing executive leadership across an organisation.
- Evaluating the success of the organization.
- Developing and implementing operational policies.
- Acting as the primary spokesperson for the organisation.
- Developing he organisations culture and vision.
- Recruiting new staff members.
- Develop an organizational environment that promotes positive staff morale and performance.
- Retaining existing staff members.
- Winning new business.
- Shaping market opportunities.
- Where necessary, challenge current performance levels.
- Guiding companies through periods of growth.
- Solidifying a company’s position in the marketplace.
- Setting goals.
- Building alliances and partnerships with other organisations.
May 2009 - January 2014
- The is in charge in the entertainment department and responsible with the efficient running of the team of Cruise Staff, Youth Staff, Production Cast Members, Musicians, Stage/Sound/Light Technicians, Headline Entertainers and Enrichment Staff
- Ensures that the entire entertainment department team adhere to the rules and regulations set by the cruise line including, but not limited to correct dress codes, performance in designated duties and punctuality
- Responsible for the ongoing on-the-job training of all department staff ensuring that everyone is aware of the requirements of his/her duties and proficient in carrying these out
- Makes announcements on the Public Address System
- Monitors and evaluates guest comments and creates plans for improvements
- Preparing and organizing the daytime activities, evening shows and special events
March 2007 - May 2009
- Hosts coordinates and participates in all adult shipboard recreational, entertainment and social activities
- Participates in guest embarkation and disembarkation procedures by disseminating information and directing guests to staterooms as scheduled by the Assistant Cruise Director
- Seeks out guest contact displaying enthusiasm and boundless amounts of energy and socializes with guests in public areas and lounges throughout the ship
- Acts as an assistant emcee (master of ceremonies) to inform and entertain small and large groups of guests during special events and shows such as Welcome Aboard Show, Captain's Cocktail Party, Guests' Talent Show, Theme Nights etc.
- Attends door greets, welcomes guests entering and exiting the theater for evening shows
- Participates in guests' safety drills, demonstrating the proper use of life jackets and other safety related equipment
- Provides information and directions to guests on and off the gangways of the ship during visits to various ports of call
- Participates in the organization and coordination of all Bingo game activities aboard the ship including inventory, promotion, selling of cards, hosting under the guidance and supervision of the Cruise Director and Asst. Cruise Director
- Joins passenger shore tours at ports of call as an escort, providing assistance to guests and evaluating the performance of the local tour guides
December 2004 - November 2006
- Socializes, welcomes guests contributes to social events and functions taking place throughout the ship
- Introduces the captain and the other senior officers to passengers during the Welcome Aboard party
- Hosts Captain's Circle (repeat cruisers) party as well as dinner tables and other activities
- Host various trivia games, quizzes, Name That Tune game and other guest activities
- Sends out invitations for special events and parties to guests staterooms
- Participates in crew and passenger safety drills
- Assists with induction of new crew
- Acts as a Master of Ceremonies during special events and evening shows
February 1996 - May 1999
Greet guests and patrons personally and on the telephone
Offer appropriate seating arrangements
Present menus and take orders
Ensure the quantity of menus is sufficient to cater to the number of guests
Relay orders to the kitchen and ensure all orders are filled in a timely and accurate fashion
Set up dining rooms and make reservation arrangements
Maintain clean and organized tables and work area
Assist room service when and as needed
Manage event related work including setting up tables and maintaining both exterior and interior of the restaurant
I would rather entertain and hope that people learned something than educate people and hope they were entertained.
- Walt Disney
2011 - 2012
The Financial Supervision Act (WFT) governs supervision of almost the entire financial sector in the Netherlands. Financial institutions can see what requirements they must meet and how supervision is regulated. The financial markets are constantly changing and so is the legislation. The Financial Supervision Act is kept up to date by means of an annual amendment cycle. This allows the government to introduce changes or new rules clearly.
2011 - 2012
The Act on Financial Supervision (Wet op het financieel toezicht (Wft)) has come into effect on 1 January 2007. The Wft brings together practically all the rules and conditions that apply to the financial markets and their supervision. In total, the Wft replaces eight existing supervision Acts. The extensive system of supervision of financial institutions that exists in the Netherlands (supervision of banks, insurers, collective investment schemes, etc.) will therefore soon be regulated by a single Act and subordinate regulations based on this Act.
2001 - 2002
The Algemene Wet Bijzondere Ziektekosten ("general law on exceptional medical expenses"), often known by the acronym AWBZ, is a Dutch health care law that first came into effect in 1968. It aims to provide general insurance covering the Dutch population against special health care needs. AWBZ is mainly aimed at financing 'care', as opposed to 'cure', which is mainly financed by insurers regulated by the Zorgverzekeringswet. It finances most of the healthcare expenditures.
2000 - 2001
The Basic Health Insurance reimburses the costs of care that is essential medically. For example, care when you are ill and must be admitted to hospital or care provided by your general practitioner. Everyone in the Netherlands must take out Basic Health Insurance: this is required by law. The government determines which reimbursements are included in the Basic Health Insurance.
“Life is an adventure, and I want to experience it to the fullest.”
On top of that, I want to inspire others to do the same. Even if you’re not in a position to take travels as much as i did, it is still possible to enrich your life by exploring the world.
I started this blog to document my various adventures around the world and to inspire others to do the same. Traveling has changed my life, and I’m always on the lookout for exciting new trip ideas, and beautiful destinations to visit.
If you have any questions, you can contact me using the contact form below.
There is no questioning the beauty of Mauritius' beaches. And the famous powder white sands, which slope gently into sapphire blue waters, have long lured visitors to the island. Yet beyond their achingly picturesque aesthetics lies an island waiting to be discovered: markets hum, gardens bloom, swathes of feather-tipped sugarcane ripple across undulating fields and moss green mountains frame a verdant, compact landscape that spills into the Indian ocean – it is a textbook tropical island paradise.
“I love the sea, and taking an early-morning walk along the Mediterranean is my favourite way to start the day. I'm also a bit of a history nerd, and relish strolling the cobblestone lanes of the Gothic quarter, thinking about the people in past centuries who walked these streets. Then there's the food and drink – the first-rate tapas bars, the abundant and inexpensive wine, the superb and reasonably priced multicourse...”